Aurora Visiting Nurse Association of Wisconsin
- Make an online donation to the Aurora VNA Zilber Family Hospice Endowment Fund
- Make an online donation to Aurora VNA of Wisconsin
Philanthropist Sarah Boyd founded the Visiting Nurse Association of Milwaukee in 1907. The organization grew quickly, and she recruited other generous individuals from the community to support the VNA's charitable mission of caring for individuals who could not afford to pay for services themselves.
In those first years, VNA nurses saw about 2,000 patients a year. In 1988, the VNA affiliated with Aurora Health Care to reach communities outside of Milwaukee. Today, as the Aurora VNA of Wisconsin, our nurses and therapists see more than 2,000 patients daily.
Services provided by the Aurora VNA include:
- Nursing - pediatrics, behavioral health, cardiac, oncology, geriatrics, medical/surgical and IV therapy
- Therapies - respiratory, physical, occupational and speech
- Social workers
- Home health aides
- Home medical equipment
- End-of-life care - complete physical, emotional, spiritual and respite care provided in-home or at our residential facilities
- Aurora Adult Day Services
While the Aurora VNA has grown significantly since those early years, the mission is still to provide health care solutions that enable individuals to remain independent and in their homes. Learn more about the Aurora VNA.
For additional information please contact the office of philanthropy:
Foundation Development Officer